Information for the Vaganova International Trainee Program (VITP) Applicants
The Vaganova Ballet Academy offers annual International Trainee Program of ballet education for ballet students aged 16-20 from September 01 to June 30. Candidates for VITP are admitted through audition during the entire year. To participate in the assessment audition, the applicants are requested to submit to the Vaganova Ballet Academy a link to audition video (20 minutes long) with a classical dance lesson (barre, centre work, adagio, allegro) and two variations. The applicants for VITP should have classical ballet background based on the ballet education in their country of residence..
Deadline for Applications is June 15, 2022.
Please e-mail your application information and a link to your video to the following addresses:
Upon receipt of the application and link to the video, the Vaganova Ballet Academy staff will assess the applicant’s technique and performance level and respond regarding the admission / non admission to the International Trainee Program. The candidates admitted to the International Traineeship Program sign an Agreement specifying the information regarding the terms and conditions of the International Traineeship Program.
The fee for the International Traineeship Program is 17 500 USD or 15 500 euros depending on the country of residence.*
The fee quoted is for the complete 10 month Course from September 1, 2022 till June 30, 2023.
The tuition fee includes:
VITP Course of the following choreographic disciplines:
1. Classical Dance
2. Character Dance
3. Pas de deux
4. History Dance
5. Modern Dance
6. Acting Skills/Mime
7. Stage Practice and Repertoire Practice
The tuition fee also includes:
1. Accommodation at the on-site dormitory of the Vaganova Ballet Academy.
Please view dormitories and other areas of the hostel in the Facilities section.
2. Dormitory rooms are arranged in a block with shower and WC for each two rooms.
The International Trainees’ Dormitory has a kitchen, a house laundry, Internet and TV rooms, musical lounges, and fitness rooms.
3. 5 meals per day at the Vaganova Ballet Academy students’ cafeteria with a balanced menu, supervised by the Vaganova Ballet Academy nutritionist
4. The curriculum also includes an intensive course in Russian language allowing one to master both every-day and ballet terms.
5. 24 hours a day security both at the entrance to the Vaganova Ballet Academy and in the International Trainee’s dormitory.
6. Opportunity to receive complimentary tickets to Mariinsky Theatre and Mikhailovsky Theatre ballet performances.
7. Participation in ballet performances on the stage of Mariinsky Theatre, the Hermitage Theatre and the School Theatre of the Vaganova Ballet Academy.
8. Medical Care
The Vaganova Ballet Academy provides the students with First (emergency) medical aid and physiotherapy at the walk-in medical centre located at its premises within the framework of its terms of reference, as per its legal status as established by the laws of the Russian Federation.
Purchase of a medical insurance policy is a mandatory condition for enrollment in the Academy. The Insurance is provided by the RESO Insurance Company located in St. Petersburg.
9. Airport transfers with assistance from the Academy staff upon arrival to St. Petersburg International airport.
10. Excursions: visits to museums and sites of St. Petersburg and suburban palaces with the Vaganova Ballet Academy staff (optional).
Agreement for VITP
For additional information please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
* Calculation of the fee for the ITP (in Russian)